“Always copied-never bettered”
The Wheel Specialist™ business started life under the company name of Lap-Tab Ltd UK which has been established since 1955. The company has a long standing reputation for its service, quality, and fast turnaround times. It’s a family business now wholly owned by husband and wife team Neill and Ginny Murphy (QFP).
Lap-Tab undertakes production spray painting of a wide range of components for various industries, and are approved suppliers to the M.O.D.
We are always looking for new ways to grow and improve the company and 35 years ago we expanded into the alloy wheel refurbishment business whilst still maintaining our traditional business based around plastics and metal coating. We are constantly researching new paints and products, and we develop our own brand products. Lap-Tab have a very impressive customer base which includes.
- Land Rover
- Rolls Royce
- British Aerospace
Since expanding into the alloy wheel business our customer base has grown to the point where we now deal with 75% of the auto trade around the Birmingham area for this particular service (although the ‘trade’ only accounts for around 40% of our business – the other 60% is from the general public).
The alloy wheel refurbishment service became a fast growing part of our company. We receive hundreds of enquiries each week from across the UK which we could not service solely at the Birmingham Unit. Because of our own work load involved with running the Lap-Tab business, expansion through the traditional route (taking on more staff and premises across the UK) was not an option, so we decided to expand this side of the business by franchising.
Ten years on and The Wheel Specialist™ is now the leading Alloy Wheel Refurbishment company in the UK.
Why is The Wheel Specialist proving to be the go to place for public and traders?
Quite simply because we are the specialists – Wheels is what we do – what we know .
Our services are not just an add-on to body repair or window tinting
We do wheels – we are the specialists.